Spiral Of Silence

...and if you won't express your opinion, they will get bigger and better

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Am I insane or what ?

I had a very funny feeling today, I missed something and I felt like listening to that thing, after spending two years in Canada and do you know what is that thing? I was missing PTV's 9 o clock "Khabernama". Isn't it insane? The moment I had this thought, after that I blinked my eyes quite a few times and then grinned. It was silly but yeah I have some of my own reasons. In these two years I've noticed, I was much more aware of all current happening of the world in Pakistan then today.Those thirty minutes gave me the same feeling which that person had after going around the world in 80 days. I missed those "khaas khaas khubrain" and "khelon ki khubrain". I know I sound very weird,when I have CNN,CBC, CityTv, Global and what not and what not. May be I'm missing just the familiar language or may be I'm very busy here, not giving enough time to listen news properly. NO..its Urdu. Yes I miss urdu and urdu transmission. What can I do about myself if I'm such a paindoo?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are not insane. You are just trying to rationalise your home sickness, which is not a nice indication.

3:06 a.m., May 19, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have three words to say for someone who still watches or used to watch the PTV Khabarnama:

Get a Life! (Wife if you're a guy)

When I was in Pakistan the PTV khabarnama was pretty much like Fox News reporting Govt. approved news with no coverage of any strike or rally against the coverage. Instead it would run a years old clip of people walking on the streets and busy shopping claiming that "aaj mulk bhur meiN suurat-e-haal mamool key mutabiq rahi"

These nostalgic feelings usually go away in a couple of years depending on your social circle and environment. Even though I dont usually miss Pakistan, but when I went to Chicago and visited the Devon street I started acting like a kid in a candy store. I paid $50 in cab fare just to have Hulwa puri in the morning! can you believe that??

Bottom line is that we all do miss things in our past and sometimes we do stupid things when we are feeling nostalgic. But thats ok, we're only human ;)

3:09 p.m., May 20, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home