Spiral Of Silence

...and if you won't express your opinion, they will get bigger and better

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I would If I Could but I can't, So I won't.

They grump when I jump on the bed, so I don't.
I would if I could but I can't, so I won't.


They frown when I knock people down, so I don't.
I would if I could but I can't, so I won't.


They smite when I hit or I bite, so I don't.
I would if I could but I can't, so I won't.


I would if I could, would if I could, would if I could but I can't.


They gripe when I swipe anything, anywhere.
I would if I could but I can't, it's not fair.


They faint when I paint on the wall or the door.
I would if I could but I can't, any more.


They're cross when I toss lima beans round the room.
I would if I could but they low-er the boom.


I would if I could, would if I could, would if I could but I can't.
I am trying to figure out
What the world's okay with.
What I can and cannot get away with.


They flip when I strip in the park, which I've done.
I would if I could but I can't, but it's fun.


They yell when I tell Mama's age, though it's true.
I would if I could but I can't, 32.


They scowl and they growl and they puff and they pant
With the yes and the no and the shall and the shan't.
But I know down below as they rave and they rant,
They would if they could, would if they could,
Would if they could but they can't.

*On a not-so-childish note.. I guess sometime in life every one faces this situation of "I wish I could, But I can't, so I wont" ..... Obediency!!! (sigh) Is it good to be obedient?*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home